Audi e-tron model year changes
For every new model year, and sometimes in between there have been done updates to the Audi e-tron. Here you find the details on the different updates.
MY2019 - Production start Week 36 2018
Production started in the Audi Brussels Plant in week 36 2018
- vin nr has a K as 10 digit for 2019 model example: WAUZZZGE2KB000783
MY2019 - > MY2020 Week 28 2019
- Lidar radar is gone on 2020 model
- It is possible to adjust charging target on 2020 models in app. (made avaialable as an update for most 2019)
- vin nr has a L as 10 digit for 2020 model example: WAUZZZGE0LB028888
MY2020 - > MY2020v2 (build week 49 2019)
- Reduced top buffer. Available battery is increased from 83,6kWh to 86.5kWh
- Other efficiency improvments (see diagram below)
- Also available as e-tron 50 with smaller battery
- Available as Sportback from week 2-2020
- Upgrade was made available as upgrade 93M3 to earlier production models from October 28. 2021
If build month is 122019 or later it should be a upgraded version
MY2020v2 - > MY2021 (from build week 32 August 2020)
- vin nr has M as 10 digit for 2021 model example: WAUZZZGEXMB008973
- Possible to order heated steeringwheel together with ACC
- Upgraded MMI system to MIB 3 (Modular Infotainment Toolkit) (changes in menus, more powerful).
- Replaced USB A with USB C
- Removed SIM and SD-card input
- Also available as e-tron 60 with 3 motors.
MY2021 -> MY2021V2 (approx week 1 2021)
- Cells on e-tron 55 battery replaced from LG Chem to Samsung SDI
MY2021V2 - > MY 2022 (from build week 25 2021)
- vin nr has N as 10 digit for 2022 model example: WAUZZZGE0NB000625
- New paint color available: Chronos grey
- Alcantara is replaced with Dinamica
- Black optics plus package available (black rings)
- Black Edition with orange details in interior
- New packages for the US marked
- The streaming service Apple Music is now available optionally as a new Audi connect service, only in selected markets.
- Support for Wirless Android Auto
- Shortcut to charging screen in MMI added to lower MMI screen
New color for 2022 - Chronos Grey
MY 2023 (from summer 2022)
- vin nr has P as 10 digit for 2022 model example: WAUZZZGE0PB001111
- US: Changed configuration in prestige package.
- No known technical changes compared to 2022.
It was expected that a new e-tron with increased range would be launched for the 2023 model. This has been postponed. Probably because of the supply issues in the world.
This is the first real facelift version of e-tron.
To make the naming logical Audi has decied to rename it to Audi Q8 e-tron.
So 2023 will be the last year of Audi e-tron.
See Audi Q8 e-tron for details about the new model.