Audi e-tron model year changes
For every new model year, and sometimes in between there have been done updates to the Audi e-tron. Here you find the details on the different updates.
MY2019 - Production start Week 36 2018
Production started in the Audi Brussels Plant in week 36 2018
MY2019 - > MY2020 Week 28 2019
- Lidar radar is gone on 2020 model
- It is possible to adjust charging target on 2020 models in app.
- vin nr has a L as 10 digit for 2020 model example: WAUZZZGE0LB028888
MY2020 - > MY2020v2 (build week 49 2019)
- Reduced top buffer. Available battery is increased from 83,6kWh to 86.5kWh
- Other efficiency improvments (see diagram below)
- Also available as e-tron 50 with smaller battery
- Available as Sportback from week 2-2020
- Upgrade is not available as update to older models
If build month is 122019 or later it should be a upgraded version
MY2020v2 - > MY2021 (from build week 32 August 2020)
- vin nr has M as 10 digit for 2021 model example: WAUZZZGEXMB008973
- Possible to order heated steeringwheel together with ACC
- Upgraded MMI system to MIB 3 (Modular Infotainment Toolkit) (changes in menus, more powerful).
- Replaced USB A with USB C
- Removed SIM and SD-card input
- Also available as e-tron 60 with 3 motors.
MY2021 -> MY2021V2 (approx week 1 2021)
- Cells on e-tron 55 battery replaced from LG Chem to Samsung SDI
MY2021V2 - > MY 2022 (from build week 25 2021)
- vin nr has N as 10 digit for 2022 model example: WAUZZZGE0NB000625
- New paint color available: Chronos grey
- Alcantara is replaced with Dinamica
- Black optics plus package available (black rings)
- Black Edition with orange details in interior
- New packages for the US marked
- The streaming service Apple Music is now available optionally as a new Audi connect service.
- Support for Wirless Android Auto
- Shortcut to charging screen in MMI added to lower MMI screen
MY 2023 (from summer 2022)
This is the first real facelift version of e-tron. It is expected to have a larger battery. What kind of size is currently not confirmed but one theory is that they will replace the 432 60AH cells in a 108s4p configuration with a 108s3p configuration with Samsung 94AH cells. In total 324 cells on the e-tron 55.
This will keep the nominal voltage at 397 volts but increase gross capacity from 95kWh to 112kWh. If 108kWh is made available this would increase range to 461 - 565km depending on equipment trim this from the current range on 369-452km depending on equipment trim.
For the e-tron 50 they could in theory offer a version with 108s2p with only 74kWh gross battery. But this is not likely.
In addition, you could expect some other technical improvements that slightly would reduce consumption. The current minimum WLTP consumption is 19.1 kWh/100km. If they are able to reduce this to 18.5 you could see rated range up to 580km.
But all is unconfirmed. Will be updated when we know more.
Below there is a Spyshot from Motor1